Top 15 Legit Fiverr Alternatives to Earn Fast Cash
Why Do People Want An Alternative To Fiverr?
As impressive as Fiverr is, however, it isn’t without its flaws. Here are some of the reasons why freelancers would prefer an alternative to Fiverr, despite its popularity.
- Fiverr does not favor newcomers. It may take a while before you land your first gig on the site. This, ultimately, puts newbies at a disadvantage.
- Another disadvantage is the 20% share that Fiverr receives for every payment made to freelancers. This is on top of other charges, like the withdrawal fee. Such deductions might not be ideal for freelancers who want to maximize the payments they receive.
- Due to many gigs being a one-time job, relying on Fiverr as a steady source of income can be difficult. Long term job offers exist, but they’re not as common as one-off stints.
- One of the major criticisms Fiverr faces from its users is its high rate of blocking accounts without any due reason. Users have reported being blocked by the site without any prior notification or justification. As such, users end up losing their customers and ultimately, their source of income. This can make it discouraging to continue with the site’s services.
- Fiverr does not have a strict screening process, which means anyone can offer services and take on assignments regardless of their skill level. The quality of work that clients receive can thus be inconsistent and even subpar.
- Networking outside of the website is not an option. In essence, Fiverr owns your clients, as the platform has a policy that prohibits any contact between clients and freelancers outside of its website. This can put a stunt on your efforts to grow your business beyond the limitations of Fiverr.
Though these criticisms are justified, they do not necessarily make Fiverr a bad platform. Fortunately, there are many other alternatives worth checking out in case you’re unsatisfied or discouraged by Fiverr’s services. These alternatives are safe, legit, and can become an extra source of income with your freelancing services.
Top Fiverr Alternatives
workother is one of the largest freelancing platforms that bring together both freelancers and clients. What differentiates Fiverr and workother is how job proposals work. Whereas freelancers offer their services on Fiverr, workother involves clients having to post job listings right off the bat. From there, interested freelancers can apply for these jobs, with the best fit being hired to work on the posted assignment.
Upon advertising a job listing on workother, clients will have the option of inviting freelancers to apply. Like Fiverr, scamming is limited, as the platform handles all payments. workother also offers a plethora of services that range from graphic design to content writing, among other things.
Why Choose workother?
- Offered freelance services are just as diverse on workother.
- Building a portfolio or a list of clients who might be interested in your service is not essential. With workother, there is a large pool of client available to hire.
- Low scam rate as clients pre-fund the client before work commences.
Another platform for freelance jobs that remains in the leagues of Upwork and Fiverr is Freelancer. It’s a great place for freelancers and clients to meet and transact with one another. Moreover, Freelancer boasts of over 30 million users from all over the globe. The platform offers an effective search option that helps streamline talent, create milestones, offer payments, and more.
Freelancer is simple to use. Here, freelancers match with jobs that suit their skill set based on what they specify on their profiles. Clients post job offers, and with a robust profile, freelancers apply (bid) for such jobs.
What Makes Freelancer a Great Alternative to Fiverr?
- Clients can pay freelancers based on milestones they achieve when accomplishing projects.
- Additionally, clients are not required to pay upfront when hiring freelancers.
- Users can acquire special privileges through the Preferred Freelancer Program. This program showcases freelancers to clients with high paying job offers based on a freelancer’s work experience and skills.
SEOClerks is the ideal platform for SEO gurus looking for some freelance jobs. As its name suggests, SEOClerks brings clients and freelancers together, with SEO as a common ground for projects.
On SEOClerks, freelancer jobs revolve around growing client’s search traffic, increasing web traffic, and sales. Other services that freelancers can offer on the platform are link building services, forum posting, keyword research, and other SEO-related tasks.
SEOClerk is similar to Fiverr in that freelancers offer their products using gigs on the platform. Although Fiverr has the advantage of a huge database of buyers and sellers, SEOClerks still offers its own unique strengths against competitors.
What Makes SEOClerk a Better Alternative To Fiverr?
- Faster and better support is available on SEOClerk. Responses to queries are quick and often come in within 24 hours.
- As a marketplace for SEO tasks, it’s great for both freelancers and clients who are in the need for specialized SEO-related projects and services. Due to its tailored services, clients are assured of quality work.
Though it may be one of the newer online platforms in the freelancing world, Truelancer is, without a doubt, another great marketplace for freelancers. The services offered on the site are just as diverse as other job postings on competitor sites.
Truelancer accommodates freelancers from all across the globe who want to make money from home. Like Upwork, clients advertise their job offer, giving interested freelancers the opportunity to bid for it.
What Makes Truelancer a Good Choice?
- The charges on freelancers’ earnings are low compared to Fiverr. Truelancer takes between 8% to 10% of a freelancer’s earning, whereas Fiverr takes 20%.
- Although its headquarters are based in India, Truelancer offers freelancers the opportunity to pursue a freelance job based on their location. The platform offers freelance jobs in major cities around the world.
- Truelancer offers clients flexibility when it comes to job postings. Clients can choose to submit single jobs or build a rapport with freelancers by hiring them for more long-term projects.
Established in 2007, PeoplePerHour is one of the top freelance platforms that brings together talent and employers from across the globe. It is one of the best freelancing platforms that thoroughly screens talents before offering them a spot on their platform.
Both workers and employers are protected through escrow. With this, payment is released when both parties are satisfied upon completion of a project. Freelancers can also receive ratings from clients based on their performance and work output. Such feedback can help freelancers raise their chances in landing more projects on the site in the future.
Why Choose PeoplePerHour Over Fiverr?
When you consider the business model, PeoplePerHour is arguably the most similar to Fiverr. It, however, offers the following freelancing advantages for users:
- Freelancers undergo a thorough vetting process. This significantly reduces scams and offers more risk protection than Fiverr.
- Freelancers of various skill levels can make reasonable income on the platform.
- PeoplePerHour also has a referral program that awards users with a bonus when a new user creates an account through their referral link.
SolidGigs is a paid freelance platform that offers unique opportunities for freelancers to not only acquire jobs, but improve on their skills as well. The site offers a 30-day trial for $2, with a membership fee of $19 a month once the trial expires.
Furthermore, SolidGigs offers learning materials — such as premium course lessons and long-form interviews — for its members to enjoy. This is an added benefit to a SolidGigs membership, as such resources can be crucial in improving your skills as a freelancer.